Energy, Transportation, Infrastructure
Dierkers serves as a Program Director in the Environment, Energy and Transportation Division for the National Governors Association Center for Best Practices where he provides policy analysis and management support for the division. He specializes in transportation, air quality, energy and clean fuels. Dierkers efforts are focused on providing technical assistance and policy guidance to governors and their staff on energy and transportation issues, including two successful Chair’s initiatives on energy and infrastructure.
Dierkers also manages meetings, learning networks and policy academies for governors’ staff, including: three governors’ roundtables; two policy institutes for governors’ lead energy advisors; two policy academies on building energy and meetings on transportation funding and financing and environmental sustainability. Additionally, Dierkers has authored multiple reports on these subjects.
Professional Positions: Senior Policy Analyst, Center for Clean Air Policy
Education: B.S. in Environmental Science, Bowling Green State University; M.E.M, Policy and Economics, Duke University
- How States and Territories Fund and Finance Transportation, Summer 2009.
- An Infrastructure Vision for the 21st Century, Report for Governors, February 2009.
- Governors Guide to Greener Fuels and Greener Vehicles, March 2008.
- Air Quality and Smart Growth: Planning for Cleaner Air (Funders' Network for Smart Growth and Livable Communities, Translation Paper #16), February 2005.*
- *The views expressed here are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the National Governors Association or individual governor’s offices.