MILWAUKEE, WISCONSIN—The National Governors Association (NGA) today announced the new leadership of its Executive Committee for the 2013-2014 year.
The new NGA Chair Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin and NGA Vice Chair Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper will lead the nine-member Executive Committee through which the association’s priorities and activities are determined. Other members include:
- Arkansas Gov. Mike Beebe
- Delaware Gov. Jack Markell
- Iowa Gov. Terry Branstad
- Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton
- Montana Gov. Steve Bullock
- Utah Gov. Gary Herbert
- Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker
NGA is the bipartisan organization of the nation’s governors that promotes visionary state leadership, shares best practices and speaks with a collective voice on national policy.
The association’s mission is to:
- Provide a bipartisan forum for governors to exchange views and share best practices;
- Identify priority issues and work with governors to establish bipartisan positions to influence key federal policies; and
- Develop innovative solutions to state policy challenges and provide tailored, technical assistance to governors.
The NGA chair and vice chair are voting members of the Executive Committee.