WASHINGTON—The National Governors Association (NGA) today announced the new leadership of its Executive Committee for the 2012-2013 year.
The new NGA Chair Delaware Gov. Jack Markell and NGA Vice Chair Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin will lead the nine-member Executive Committee through which the association’s priorities and activities are determined. Other members include:
- Arkansas Gov. Mike Beebe
- Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper
- Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton
- Nebraska Gov. Dave Heineman
- New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie
- Utah Gov. Gary Herbert
- Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker
The National Governors Association (NGA) is the bipartisan organization of the nation’s governors that promotes visionary state leadership, shares best practices and speaks with a collective voice on national policy.
The association’s mission is to:
- Provide a bipartisan forum for governors to exchange views and share best practices;
- Identify priority issues and work with governors to establish bipartisan positions to influence key federal policies; and
- Develop innovative solutions to state policy challenges and provide tailored, technical assistance to governors.
The NGA chair and vice chair are voting members of the Executive Committee.