The NGA Center held a webcast on TANF Reauthorization and the opportunities and challenges states face as they look ahead to the future. Panelists discussed the prospects for welfare reform reauthorization and federal funding in the coming year, and the implications these have for state TANF programs. Speakers discussed the actions and options for states as they continue to operate in a period of uncertainty around reauthorization, as well as highlight current state activities to support low-income families' transition to work and self-sufficiency.
- Matt Salo, Legislative Director, Health and Human Services Committee, National Governors Association
- Elaine Ryan, Deputy Executive Director, Policy and Government Affairs, APHSA
- Mark Greenberg, Director of Policy, Center for Law and Social Policy
- Donna Pavetti, Senior Fellow, Mathematica Policy Research, Inc.
- Mave Coxon, Michigan Family Independence Agency
TANF Reauthorization: Getting Over it not Being Over