In 2018, gubernatorial elections will be held in 36 states and three territories. There are 20 incumbent state governors and 2 territorial governors eligible to run for re-election and 16 incumbent state governors and one territorial governor who are term-limited or have announced they will not seek re-election in 2018.
Below is a map indicating by color where an incumbent governor is running for reelection, where the incumbent is term-limited or not seeking reelection or if there is no election.
Please click on the links below to access information on candidates and state term limits provided by NGA and a link to each state’s elections website.
2018 GUBERNATORIAL ELECTIONS IN THE STATES AND TERRITORIES
2018 Election Resources:
- 2018 Elections Quick Facts
- 2018 Primary Elections by Month and by State
- 2018 Candidates and State Term Limit Information
2017 Election Resources:
- 2017 Elections Quick Facts
- 2017 Primary Elections by Month and by State
- 2017 Candidates and State Term Limit Information