2017 NGA Summer Meeting
Providence, Rhode Island (July 13-16)
We’re expecting more than 30 governors for this year’s National Governors Association Summer Meeting, hosted by Gov. Gina Raimondo in Providence, Rhode Island.
The nation’s governors will meet to discuss some of the most pressing issues facing our nation and to share best practices on how to better serve the American public. Sessions at the Summer Meeting will particularly focus on states and the intersection between collaboration and innovation, all with a strong international focus. Topics that will be covered throughout the weekend also include:
- Opening session on cybersecurity, focused on the NGA chair’s initiative
- Plenary session on the federal-state collaboration
- Plenary session on the global economy and trade
- A policy lightning talk on civic education
- Plenary session on resiliency and flood prevention
- Plenary session on the workforce of tomorrow
- Closing session on innovation
For information on media and press inquiries, please contact Sylvana Dussan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For other information on the Summer Meeting, please contact Tonya Smith at email@example.com.