Resource Center For State Cybersecurity
The significant and continued growth of cyber-attacks against the United States makes cybersecurity a critical issue for all governors. To help states address the consequences of the rapidly evolving and expanding technological threats now faced by law enforcement agencies, public works and energy agencies, private financial and communications sectors and the general public, NGA launched a Resource Center for State Cybersecurity to provide governors with resources, tools and recommendations to help craft and implement effective state cybersecurity policies and practices. To inform the work of the Resource Center, NGA is working with leading experts, practitioners, representatives from key state and federal agencies and representatives from private industry to develop resources and tools and to provide strategic recommendations on state cybersecurity issues.
In January 2021, the NGA Center for Best Practices hosted the Fourth National Summit on State Cybersecurity, in conjunction with Arkansas Governor Asa Hutchinson. Videos from select sessions are available in a playlist on YouTube, or by watching below.
- State Protection Of Critical Energy Infrastructure Information
- Smart & Safe: State Strategies for Enhancing Cybersecurity in the Electric Sector
- Cybersecurity in the Health Care Sector
- Cybersecurity and Critical Infrastructure
- Health Care Sector Cybersecurity Framework Implementation Guide
- Electricity Subsector Cybersecurity Capability Maturity Model (ES-C2M2)
- NERC Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) Standards
- Securing Voter Registration Data
- Major Data Breaches in Health Care
- FDA Draft Guidance on Medical Devices
- Connecticut Public Utilities Cybersecurity Action Plan
Elections Infrastructure Cybersecurity
Workforce Development & Education
State And Local Partnerships In Cybersecurity
“Cybersecurity is not just an “IT problem” anymore. It is a critical business risk, homeland security and public safety threat, voter confidence issue and economic development opportunity. Cybersecurity requires commitment from state executives and officials to use all levers of state government to move forward.”
A NGA series on cybersecurity featuring special guests with expertise across a range of cyber issues.
Monthly Newsletters on NGA’s Cybersecurity activities.
Coronavirus Policy Memos
- Cybercrime: What Can a Governor Do?
- Cybersecurity and Public Safety
- A Review of State Computer Crime Law
- A Compact to Improve Cybersecurity
- Small Business and Cybersecurity
- Q&A: Ransomware
- Q&A: Internet of Things
- Q&A: Phishing
- Crowdsourcing Cybersecurity 101
NGA Cybersecurity Library
Managing Cyber Threats through Effective Governance: A Call to Action for Governors and State Legislatures