This webinar explores the impacts of recent FERC decisions on state energy priorities and emerging electricity market trends, including potential federal investments in electricity infrastructure. This discussion will help Governors’ advisors understand the nuances of how federal actions impact state and regional electricity markets, and develop effective electricity policy strategies.
- The significance of FERC order 2222 and how that is affecting distributed energy resource.
- The debate around FERC’s minimum offer price rule and where this process is headed.
- How transmission planning is changing to incorporate state decarbonization strategies, promote energy resilience, and adapt to climate change.
- Why states are considering joining or creating new electricity markets
- What the infrastructure bill means for transmission build out.
- Carl Pechman, Director, National Regulatory Research Institute
- Sue Tierney, Senior Advisor, The Analysis Group
Electricity Markets – Webinar Series
- Electricity Markets 101
- Electricity Markets 201: Federal And State Authorities
- Electricity Markets – Current Events