The National Governors Association recently hosted a webinar in partnership with the Office of Child Care within the Administration for Children and Families at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and the Bipartisan Policy Center. The webinar highlighted the additional Child Care and Development Fund (CCDF) funds provided through the recently enacted Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act, and shared the flexibilities in spending CCDF funds in response to federal or state declared emergency situations. The presentation also explained which policy changes would require a waiver. Additionally, the webinar described how programs within new COVID-19 related legislation can support the field, such as the Paycheck Protection Program and Economic Injury Disaster Loans.
- Lynn A. Johnson, Assistant Secretary, Administration for Children and Families (ACF), U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)
- Shannon Christian, Director, Office of Child Care, ACF, HHS
- Rachel McKinnon, Program Specialist, Policy Division, Office of Child Care, ACF, HHS
- Anna Pilato, Deputy Assistant Secretary for External Affairs, ACF, HHS
- Dawn Ramsburg, Operations Lead, Office of Child Care, ACF, HHS
- Linda Smith, Director, Early Childhood Initiative, Bipartisan Policy Center
- Beth Caron, Director, NGA Education, NGA Center for Best Practices