This webinar highlights outcomes of the ECCA initiative and the key role that community colleges play, in partnership with Governors, to scale apprenticeship programs statewide.
Community colleges are essential partners to Governors in their efforts to advance apprenticeship in America. Throughout the last three years, the NGA Center for Best Practices has served as a national partner to the American Association of Community Colleges (AACC) as they led the Expanding Community College Apprenticeship (ECCA) initiative – a project funded by the U.S. Department of Labor that led to the registration of more than 11,000 apprentices across 33 states and territories in its first two years.
- Adrienne Summers, Executive Director of Apprenticeship, American Association for Community Colleges, U.S. Department of Labor
- Chris MacLarion, Director of Apprenticeship and Training, Maryland Department of Labor, Executive Director
- Chadra Lang, Executive Director of Apprenticeship and Workforce Solutions, City Colleges of Chicago
- Amanda Winters, Program Director for Postsecondary Education, National Governors Association
- Moderator: Jack Porter, Senior Policy Analyst, National Governors Association