NGA Government Relations
The Office of Government Relations works to ensure that Governors’ views are represented in shaping federal policy by maintaining regular contact with congressional leaders and key administration officials, keeping up-to-date information on critical state–federal issues and coordinating state action.
We work closely with Governors’ Washington, D.C., office representatives, state-federal contacts and other state and local government organizations to maximize the effectiveness of NGA’s lobbying activities. Specifically, our staff serve as policy experts and liaisons to Congress and executive branch agencies and coordinate the work and policy activities of NGA committees.
- The CHIPS and Science Act of 2022, a bipartisan law, focuses on federal aid to encourage the construction of microprocessor manufacturing facilities in the United States. The objective is to reduce U.S. reliance on overseas chip supply chains, and increased authorizations to boost the nation’s science and technology base.
- The Bipartisan Safer Communities Act of 2022, aims to combat gun violence, and includes provisions that will improve access to mental health care and help equip schools with the resources necessary to keep schools safe.
- Tiffany Waddell—Director of Government Relations
- Renee Antoine—Legislative Director
- Tim Carlton—Legislative Director
- Richard Lukas—Legislative Director
- Alexis Howard—Legislative Associate
- Mackenzi Matthews—Legislative Associate
- Courtney Scarbin—Legislative Associate
NGA Task Forces & Council of Governors
- Education, Workforce and Community Investment Task Force
- Economic Development and Revitalization Task Force