The Community Renewal Task Force has jurisdiction over a broad range of issue areas including Workforce, Housing, Nutrition, Education, Criminal Justice, Agriculture, and Broadband.
- Buildout of broadband projects
- Funding levels for Victims of Crime Act (VOCA) and critical public safety funding
- State unemployment insurance systems
- Federal resources for state workforce needs and labor shortages
- State education financing
The Educator Workforce
Understanding the importance of ensuring every student has a great teacher, on July 7, 2022, the National Governors Association’s (NGA) Community Renewal Task Force held a virtual meeting on the state of the educator workforce, focusing on actionable solutions that Governors can take now to address teacher shortages in both the near- and long-term.
Task Force Co-Chair Missouri Governor Mike Parson led a vibrant discussion alongside Tennessee Commissioner of Education, Dr. Penny Schwinn; President and CEO of the American Association for Colleges of Teacher Education (AACTE), Dr. Lynn Gangone; and Assistant Secretary of Planning, Evaluation, and Policy Development at the U.S. Department of Education, Roberto Rodriguez.
2022 Task Force
Governor Mike Parson, Missouri – Co-Chair
Governor Albert Bryan, Virgin Islands – Co-Chair
- Governor Kay Ivey, Alabama
- Governor Doug Ducey, Arizona
- Governor Jared Polis, Colorado
- Governor Greg Gianforte, Montana
- Governor Kathy Hochul, New York
- Governor Kevin Stitt, Oklahoma
- Governor Tom Wolf, Pennsylvania
- Governor Dan McKee, Rhode Island
- Governor Jay Inslee, Washington
- Governor Tony Evers, Wisconsin
- Tim Carlton, Legislative Director
- Christian Lovell, Legislative Director