The Community Renewal Task Force has jurisdiction over a broad range of issue areas including: Labor and Workforce Development, Career and Technical Skills, PreK-12 Education, Postsecondary Education, Criminal Justice, Housing, and Agriculture.
- Farm Bill Reauthorization (joint with the Public Health and Disaster Response Task Force), ensuring resiliency and rural revitalization;
- Improve workforce housing supply and affordability;
Strengthen state and territorial unemployment insurance systems;
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) reauthorization and strengthening the public workforce system; and
- Support academic recovery efforts and state and territorial education financing.
Task Force Letter on FY 2024 Appropriations
Academic And Career Success
At the 2023 NGA Winter Meeting, Idaho Governor Brad Little and Colorado Governor Jared Polis co-hosted a discussion on how Governors are working to meet the needs of students today so they can achieve career success tomorrow. Rhode Island Governor Dan McKee and Oregon Governor Tina Kotek also took part in the discussion with: Lydia Logan, VP, Global Education & Workforce Development, IBM; Mark Schneider, Director, ED Institute of Education Sciences, and Sara Wolforth, Policy Principle, AIR.
2023 Task Force
Governor Brad Little, Idaho – Co-Chair
Governor Albert Bryan, Virgin Islands – Co-Chair
- Governor Kay Ivey, Alabama
- Governor Jared Polis, Colorado
- Governor Mike Parson, Missouri
- Governor Tina Kotek, Oregon
- Governor Dan McKee, Rhode Island
- Governor Tony Evers, Wisconsin
- Tim Carlton, Legislative Director