NGA Government Relations
The Office of Government Relations works to ensure that Governors’ views are represented in shaping federal policy by maintaining regular contact with congressional leaders and key administration officials, keeping up-to-date information on critical state–federal issues and coordinating state action.
We work closely with Governors’ Washington, D.C., office representatives, state-federal contacts and other state and local government organizations to maximize the effectiveness of NGA’s lobbying activities. Specifically, our staff serve as policy experts and liaisons to Congress and executive branch agencies and coordinate the work and policy activities of NGA committees.
NGA Task Forces & Council of Governors
- Education, Workforce and Community Investment Task Force
- Economic Development and Revitalization Task Force
- Tiffany Waddell—Director of Government Relations
- Renee Antoine—Legislative Director
- Tim Carlton—Legislative Director
- Richard Lukas—Legislative Director
- Alexis Howard—Legislative Associate
- Mackenzi Matthews—Legislative Associate
- Courtney Scarbin—Legislative Associate
- Abigail Smith Judstra—Legislative Associate