About the Committee
The NGA chair, vice chair and other members of the nine-person Executive Committee, who are elected annually, supervise the association’s operations on behalf of the entire membership. NGA’s Executive Committee (EC) has general authority over all policy issues and primary jurisdiction over issues involving federalism, homeland security, the federal budget, and federal tax policy.
2020-21 Committee Leadership
Governor Andrew Cuomo, New York
Governor Asa Hutchinson, Arkansas
- Governor Kay Ivey, Alabama;
- Governor Doug Ducey, Arizona;
- Governor Jared Polis, Colorado;
- Governor Larry Hogan, Maryland;
- Governor Charlie Baker, Massachusetts;
- Governor Gretchen Whitmer, Michigan;
- Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham, New Mexico.