Ports, Waterways and Clean, Safe Drinking Water Bolstered
“The National Governors Association (NGA) applauds the signing of S. 3021, America’s Water Infrastructure Act of 2018. The new law provides much needed investment and certainty for our nation’s water infrastructure systems.
Governors commend Congress for collaborating to protect, maintain and further develop our water infrastructure systems. Ports, waterways and clean, safe drinking water are bolstered due to their efforts on this law and the President’s support.
Governors are pleased to see their priorities in the new law, including:
- Biennial authorization, providing states stability;
- Increased state engagement during implementation;
- Reauthorized long-term, low-cost loans for state and local projects;
- Increased funding for the Drinking Water State Revolving Fund;
- Reauthorized state grants to implement the Safe Drinking Water Act; and
- Increased resources for flooding mitigation and resilience.
Governors look forward to working with the Administration to implement this new law and with Congress to ensure sustainable future funding for these programs.”