Gov. Don William Samuelson
- January 2, 1967 - January 4, 1971
- January 27, 1913
- January 20, 2000
- Knox College
- Married Ruby Samuelson; two children
DON WILLIAM SAMUELSON was born in Woodhull, Illinois on January 27, 1913. He attended Knox College and served for two years in the United States Navy. After his dischage, Sanuelson owned and operated a sporting goods store in Sandpoint and in a businss that sold and leased mining and logging equipment. Samuelson was elected three times to the Idaho State Senate. He was elected governor of Idaho in 1966 and served one term. During his tenure, Governor Samuelson served as a member of the National Governors Association’s Executive Committee from 1969-70. He passed away January 20, 2000.
Idaho State Historical Society Gubernatorial Manuscript and Archive Collections:
- Don Samuelson papers, 1961-1965. MS0517.
- Campaign literature, 1966. MS2/1213.
- Douglas E. Bean speeches, 1966-1970 (bulk July 1967-1971). MS09321.
- Records, Governor Don Samuelson, 1960-1971. AR0002.0025.
- The Political Graveyard