The Association offers an orderly and effective means for state representatives to collectively speak on issues of concern related to workforce and economic development, with a connection to and platform with the nation’s Governors and federal policymakers.
The National Association of State Liaisons for Workforce Development Partnerships is a membership organization and is an affiliate of the NGA Center for Best Practices, which supports administration and convenings for the Association. The Association provides a national forum for those implementing workforce development programs to exchange information and ideas. It also provides these leaders with an opportunity for collective learning and facilitates their developing views on best practices to maintain and improve the effectiveness of these programs. Additionally, the Association offers an orderly and effective means for state representatives to collectively speak on issues of concern related to workforce and economic development, with a connection to and platform with the nation’s Governors and federal policymakers.
Members of this affiliate Association:
- Exchange information at meetings convened twice each year, which are supported by the Workforce Development Technical Assistance Program and open to members of this Association
- Participate in peer discussion in regular calls facilitated by NGA staff
- Receive regular federal updates, best practices presentations, and facilitated peer learning opportunities on regular calls hosted by NGA staff
- Advise NGA staff, including the Office of Government Relations, on policy and technical assistance priorities in workforce development
- Chair: Mike Beene, Director of Employment Services, Kansas Department of Commerce
- Vice Chair: Dr. Mardy Leathers, Director, Missouri Office of Workforce Development
- Elise Lowe-Vaughn, Acting Director, Division of Employment and Training, Colorado Department of Labor and Employment
- Julio Rodriguez, Deputy Director, Office of Employment and Training, Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity
- Cheryl Scott, Executive Director, Massachusetts MassHire State Workforce Development Board
- James Rzepkowski, Assistant Secretary, Division of Workforce Development and Adult Learning, Maryland Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation
- Katie Ralston Howe, Director of Workforce Division, North Dakota Department of Commerce
- Deniece Thomas, Assistant Commissioner, Tennessee Department of Labor and Workforce Development
- George Taratsas, Workforce Development Director, Virginia Governor’s Office of the Secretary of Labor
For more information on the National Association of State Liaisons for Workforce Development Partnerships, please contact Rachael Stephens, Program Director, Workforce Development & Economic Policy at NGA: email@example.com.