Educate For Opportunity
Supporting governors’ efforts to connect postsecondary education and work
NGA Solutions: The Center for Best Practices is launching a new project in partnership with Strada Education Network, to focus supporting state efforts that connect and align their postsecondary institutions to state workforce needs. The project will have a strong focus on the engagement of adults in education and training pathways.
The NGA Solutions Postsecondary team, will work with a cohort of six competitively selected states by providing technical and financial assistance
(up to $100,000) to:
• Compile data to inform policy planning, including state-specific Strada-Gallup Consumer Insights survey results;
• Create a data-driven, student-focused, postsecondary vision and goals;
• Align financing and messaging to these goals;
• Examine governance structures and gubernatorial appointment powers;
• Build programs or initiatives to connect adult students to meaningful education pathways;
• Scale innovative practices in their state; and
• Learn from work in other states through peer-to-peer convenings.
For more information, please contact Dana Westgren: DWestgren@nga.org.
Strada-Gallup Education Consumer Insights
The nation’s largest data set of consumer insights on pathways from education to employment. The purpose of Strada-Gallup Education Consumer Insights is to listen to and empower the voice of the consumer to strengthen education to employment pathways for all Americans.